The indispensable resource for the DevSecOps community - articles, blog posts, videos and breaking news.
Linux Foundation Kubernetes Administration - CKA preparation (4 days) - October 26-29, 2020
This intensive, hands-on course will help prepare you for the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) exam. It will teach you how to containerize, host, deploy, and configure an application in a multi-node cluster.
When your company prepares to use Kubernetes, the high-velocity, open-source orchestration too to deploy, scale, and update containerised applications, it will be up to you, the developer, to implement K8, and keep things running smoothly.
Container Solutions, a Linux Foundation Authorized Training Partner (ATP), is pleased to offer you the help you’ll need, with The Linux Foundation – Kubernetes for App Developers (LFD459) course.
This intensive, classroom-based, hands-on course will help prepare you for the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) exam. It will teach you how to containerize, host, deploy, and configure an application in a multi-node cluster.
Starting with a simple Python script, you will define application resources and use core primitives to build, monitor and troubleshoot scalable applications in Kubernetes. Working with network plugins, security, and cloud storage, you will be exposed to many of the features needed to deploy an application in a production environment.
This course works with a variety of vendors’ tools, and what you learn should easily translate to any company’s operations.
Course length: 4 days
- Containerize and deploy a new Python script
- Configure the deployment with ConfigMaps, Secrets, and SecurityContexts
- Understand multi-container pod design
- Configure probes for pod health
- Update and roll back an application
- Implement services and NetworkPolicies
- Use PersistentVolumeClaims for state persistence
- Must be familiar with Cloud Native application concepts and architectures
- Can use Python, Node.js, Go, or other programming languages
- Basic Linux administration skills
- Can work fluently on the command line
- Can edit files using a command-line text editor
- WiFi-enabled laptop
- Access to a Terminal and SSH client